B.D.A. for Technicians
Ashland Fire Department
Bi-Directional Antenna (BDA) Requirements
1. A Bi-Directional Antenna (BDA) shall be required in all new building or structure that cannot support the radio coverage for first responders within the building based upon the existing coverage levels of the public safety communication system of the jurisdiction at the exterior of the building.
2. Exceptions :
A. One and two family dwellings
B. Buildings that have sufficient levels of radio coverage.
3. All new BDA systems must be pre-approved by the fire department’s Code Enforcement/Fire Prevention Division, prior to installation.
5. Once plans have been approved, a permit should be filled out prior to beginning the installation process.
6. The permit can be filled out and mailed along with a check for $20 made payable to the Town of Ashland, to Ashland Fire Dept. 70 Cedar Street Ashland, MA 01721.
7. At the acceptance test, the installation company shall certify a maintenance contract that provides 24 hour by 7 day response within 2 hours of notification of a problem. This contract must be a period of one (1) year.
8. Annual testing of the BDA system shall be conducted by an authorized company. A permit shall be submitted along with a $20 fee.